Johnson Wright, Inc. is an environmental consulting firm that provides public and private sector clients with a wide range of scientific, engineering, compliance, litigation support, and strategic management services. We specialize in developing effective, robust, and valuable solutions to complex technical problems that meet the needs of our clients across the nation.
Using a decentralized approach, JWI combines the talents, expertise, and unique insight of highly-experienced professionals in the environmental and regulatory arenas with a dynamic spirit to stay at the forefront of the emerging environmental challenges in our world.
At the present time we have the following job openings:
Contract Environmental Consultants
Johnson Wright, Inc. (JWI) is seeking experienced, independent environmental consultants to assist with our most challenging projects. These independent contractors will work on a project-specific basis and provide support to JWI Principals. Tasks to be performed will include detailed review of technical and regulatory documentation, review and analysis of historical environmental cost information and invoices, and assessment of future environmental requirements and costs. Work products required will include concise written summaries of project site environmental history and status, coding and categorization of past costs, and development of potential alternatives for future environmental work based on current and anticipated regulatory requirements.
Desired qualifications and experience:
- Significant experience as an environmental engineer, geologist or scientist.
- Direct experience with the design, costing, implementation and management of environmental investigation and remediation projects (CERCLA, RCRA).
- Ability to rapidly evaluate and assimilate large amounts of written material.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Professional registration (PE, PG).
- Direct experience with governmental environmental regulatory agencies.
- Detailed knowledge of federal and state environmental regulations.
- Experience with contaminant fate and transport concepts and models.
- Able to work remotely via the web, with limited meetings in our El Cerrito, CA offices.
How to apply:
Please send us a cover letter and resume in MS Word format via email. No phone calls please. We do not support sponsorships. Principals only. No third parties.